There are two main ski areas in Courmayeur: Checrouit and Val Veny.
Catch the morning sun at Checrouit followed by a delicious Italian meal in one of the 23 altitude restaurants, then follow the afternoon sun and the crowds around to Val Veny where you will find some beautiful runs through the trees and dramatic views.
Good skiers will enjoy black dell’Orso piste down to the Peindeint and Zerotta chairlifts and many off-piste options particularly off the Cresta d'Arp. A big draw for expert skiers is of course the heli-skiing.
Useful Courmayeur Ski Resort Information:
- 4 Black Pistes, 14 Red Pistes, 6 Blue Pistes and 3 Green Pistes
- 50km Downhill Pistes, 22km Cross Country Pistes and 21 Ski Lifts
- 1560m Maximum Vertical Drop
- 2760m is the Highest Lift and at 1210m is the Lowest Ski Slope
- 1200m Courmayeur Town Altitude