2015 Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc®
In August, from 24 to 30, 2015, Courmayeur Mont-Blanc hosts the great mountain trail running competition. It's time for the 2015 Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc®
Come live an out of the ordinary adventure by facing one of the 5 challenges proposed!
- PTL® (La Petite Trotte à Léon) - a very difficult ultra-endurance event, which takes place in the mid and high mountain, away from well-trodden paths, sometimes inexistent and as a team.
- CCC® (Courmayeur Champex Chamonix) - a race deep into wilderness using for the most the international path “Grande Randonnée du Tour du Mont-Blanc (GR TMB)”. The start line for this race will be in Courmayeur and will be is tinged with an atmosphere that only Italians can provide, a rare emotional moment to the music of Vangelis.
- UTMB® (Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc®) - this race means more or less 2300 people sharing the same dream carefully prepared over many months. Registration allowed only to competitors who have already had an experience and who can prove it.
- TDS® (Sur les Traces des Ducs de Savoie) - a race in open country along the "Grande Randonnée" paths crossing though the Mont-Blanc, Beaufort, Tarentaise and Aosta valley countryside.
- OCC (Orsières - Champex - Chamonix)- the layout of the OCC goes through that nature, in a charming atmosphere before reaching Champex and the last part just as magical at the UTMB® or the CCC®. On a shorter version, this race will be perfect for fans of medium distances (in the category Trail Ultra Medium (M) between 42km and 69km).
|24 Aug 2015||Place Triangle de l'Amitié||17:30||PTL®|
|25 Aug 2015||Chamonix||#YCC|
|26 Aug 2015||Place Brocherel||06:00||TDS®|
|27 Aug 2015||Place Centrale, Orsière||08:15||OCC|
|28 Aug 2015||Place Brocherel||09:00||CCC®|
|Place Triangle de l'Amitié||17:30||UTMB®|
The #YCC, Youth Chamonix Courmayeur, is a challenge for the young aged 16 – 19 years, comprising of a sporting challenge, combining a prologue in Chamonix on Tuesday August 25th at the end of the afternoon and a 15km event with an ascent of around 1100m in Courmayeur on Wednesday August 26th.
Find the Event